This module provides a comprehensive introduction to the financial services industry with a key focus on investments from a global perspective but with Kenyan context. It is the first step in the CISI’s qualification pathway, and it is taken by many practitioners as it is the foundation exam for higher level CISI qualifications. The qualification covers key financial principles and products including assets and markets, equities, bonds, derivatives, investment funds, retirement planning, loans, mortgages, life assurance and protection insurance. It explores the broader economic environment in which the financial services industry operates and looks at how economic activity is determined and managed in different economic and political systems.
- The Financial Services Industry
- The Economic Environment
- Financial Assets and Market
- Equities / Stocks
- Investment Funds
- Regulation and Ethics
- Other Financial Products
The is a three-day block session that can be done either on the Wednesday to Friday of the 4th week or on consecutive Saturdays for In-Houses.
- Multiple Choice Questions
- 60 questions in 75 minutes
- 70% pass mark
- Computer based testing with instant results. Exams are done at Computer Pride, ICEA Building, Kenyatta Avenue.
- Test Centre open Monday to Friday