Africa’s growing bancassurance market demands qualified professionals to guide clients through the insurance process. Strong knowledge of insurance products against the other financial service products is therefore paramount to be able to meet clients’ financial needs.
The CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments) has launched this qualification in Africa in partnership with CII (Chartered Insurance Institute) as part of the Chartered Body Alliance.
What is the Award in Bancassurance?
This qualification is an important first step in developing your career in bancassurance. It provides a solid grounding in the relevant core financial, life assurance and insurance products, and offers guidance on what constitutes sound professional practice thereby providing a framework for ethical behaviour.
Who should study the qualification?
The broad introduction on this qualification makes it suitable for a range of individuals:
- Firms looking to increase skills – Firms wishing to increase their staff knowledge in this area could also use this qualification in induction materials.
- New to Bancassurance – If you are already a financial adviser or an insurance agent wanting to get a basic bancassurance knowledge, this qualification can lead to further areas of study or practice in this area.
- New to Financial Services – This qualification is a perfect entry point for school leavers or those just beginning their career to look at offering bancassurance services.
- Globally-recognised qualification – awarded by the CII, delivered in partnership with the CISI in Africa
- Prepare for a career in bancassurance or insurance – this qualification provides an overview of the sector and will help kick start your career
- Available to all – there are no entry requirements
- A fast and affordable recognition – requiring only 60 study hours, the qualification can be achieved in a short time frame and successful completion will demonstrate your commitment to your profession
- Access to higher level qualifications – successful candidates can build on this qualification and progress to high level qualifications
- Free CISI Student membership – become associated with a globally recognised Chartered professional body. Join over 45,000 members globally and take advantage of an extensive range of benefits on offer
- The financial services and insurance and the Bancassurance sector
- The main insurance products
- Savings and investment products
- Retirement planning products
- The importance of the client fact find and how to identify client needs
- What constitutes good and ethical client practice
The qualification is completed by passing a two-hour exam of 75 multiple-choice questions. The exam is delivered by Computer Based Testing (CBT) at designated test centres and results are received instantly.
Studying for this qualification through Africa Risk Institute
Africa Risk Institute is a CISI accredited training partner.
We understand that most participants for this program are busy professionals and have therefore developed a flexible training model that includes tutor-guided on-line support complementing face to face classroom training. We also take our students through weekly quizzes and automated Mock examinations that mimic the real examination. Our experienced staff works closely with you to meet your study needs.
The Bancassurance training will take 8 weeks. Within these 8 weeks, there’ll be 5 face-to-face sessions that will be held during week 5 to week 8 so a to supplement the online training. The face-to-face classes can also be held on consecutive Saturdays.
Classes start in May 2018. Sign up now and begin the development of your career in Bancassurance
To register for the course, please contact us:
Esther: +254 715 828218
Claire: +254 740 186000